Friday, June 4, 2010

Bright Spot Submersible LED Light Ideas

Most of you know that I am obsessed with all lights.  I bet the majority of my posts are about  lighting.   So you can imagine how excited I was today when I discovered Bright Spot submersible LED accent lights made by Aqua Gems.  So many ideas where running through my head, but I just chose one project to make.  I found my stuff at JoAnn’s Fabric and Craft store.  

Here are my supplies.

018

Closer view of the light package.

019

And the beautiful rocks I bought.  They look like sea glass so this would go great with all of the costal decor I have seen.  The glass also comes in blue, but I am a green fan.

021

I put half of the rocks into the bowl and added the light.  I placed the rest of my rocks on top of the light.  The bummer thing is you have to fish the light out to turn it off.  

Voila!

024

UPDATE:  I had to add this.  I had someone tell me it looks like kryptonite.  It does!!!  Now I keep thinking Superman will never come to visit.  I always thought kryptonite was cool looking when I watched Superman shows so maybe this would be fun for a kid’s room!  : )

It can be used outside.

028

Or inside.

035

036

038

These lights can be used under water and last for 48 hours.  They are not meant to be removed if under water. It is a one time use.  If not under water then they can last 100 hours.  They are advertised to go with the Aqua Gem liquid marbles. I liked the rocks better.  They aren’t meant to go with the rocks but I am a rebel.   These can be used for decor or to hold live plants.  Here are some samples from their website.

I thought these were fun and full of endless possibilities.  My favorite idea is to use them at night outside during a cookout or party.  What would you do with them? 

signature2

Linking to

Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails