Saturday, December 18, 2010

Baked Goodies For The Neighbors

This is my 2nd annual baking for the neighbors event.  Last year was fun because we delivered in the snow to everyone.  This year I just had my husband give them out because I was tired from all the cooking. 

Cooking is not really my thing, but baking for neighbors seems like a Christmasy thing to do. 

This year I made my favorite pumpkin bread, eggnog bread, molasses cookies and fudge.  I made my husband some banana nut bread, but I just can’t seem to perfect that one.  I will try a new recipe next go around. 

IMG_0793

IMG_0794

IMG_0795

IMG_0796

IMG_0797

The pumpkin bread is so moist.  I got the recipe from a neighbor about 18 years ago and make it every year.  I will share it with you.

PUMPKIN BREAD

3 1/3 C flour

2 t baking soda

1 1/2 t salt

1 t nutmeg

1 t cinnamon

3 C sugar

1 C oil

4 eggs

2/3 C water

2 cans pumpkin

1 1/2 C nuts (optional) I use pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients well and add mixed liquids to dry ingredients.  Pour into 3 greased loaf pans.  Bake 1 hour.

The molasses cookies are my favorite cookie. They are addicting.  One of our dental patients always brings them to us.  I can’t make them as fluffy as she gets them, but I have learned if they get flat turn your temperature down a bit.  Here’s her recipe.

MOLASSES COOKIES

Mix together the following:

3/4 C oil

1 C sugar

1/4 C molasses

1 egg

Sift together then add to the above mixture.

2 C flour

2 t soda

1/2 t cloves

1/2 t ginger

1 t cinnamon

Pinch of salt

Mix well and chill.  Form 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar.  Bake on cookie sheet for 8 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven. 

I got the fudge recipe here.

And the Eggnog bread recipe I bookmarked from another blog last year called Smashed Peas and Carrots.  Get the recipe here.

How do you cooking bloggers get such pretty photos of food?  I struggled.  I hope you enjoyed my cooking post.  These will be few and far between!

One more thing.  This is kinda cute.  My son is grounded from video games.  This is what grounded from video games looks like.

IMG_0788

Tracy

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails