Monday, April 4, 2011

Where Oh Where Should My Basket Go?

Still working up the time and courage to touch the hutch with the paint brush.  I am going backwards a bit because I am trying to arrange the shelves before I have even painted.  I have too much stuff that needs to a hidden storage solution now that my cabinet doors are gone. 

I have ordered some wicker baskets that will be in Wednesday.  I am thinking of mixing up the wicker with some metal baskets.  I will have 4 metal and 4 wicker baskets. 

The metal baskets were found at Stein Mart.  They are green.

IMG_7602

As you know I am a fan of green, however, Lisa at Fern Creek Cottage preferred the look of a true vintage locker basket and she painted hers.  You can see it here. 

I think mine will stay green.  I sewed some liners for them and held them in place with magnets on the inside

IMG_7595 copy

IMG_7594 copy

And I made some faux metal locker tags with paper, photoshop and my printer. 

locker1 copy

Some or all of the metal baskets might go into my hutch.

IMG_7597 copy

Or under my bench in the breakfast area.

IMG_7612 copy

Stay tuned to find out where my baskets go.sig

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails