Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Our Other 2 Pets–The Grow a Frog and the Used to Be Gold Goldfish

Most of you know about my sweet dogs Izzy and Harley since I mention them often. 

shadow

My son got a Grow A Frog for his 8th birthday.  He will be 14 in April so the frog is about 6 years old now.  When you open the package which contains a small plastic tank there is information inside so that you can order your frog.  A see through tadpole comes in the mail.  You grow him into a frog and then you change his tank and food.  We change the frogs water every few months.  It should probably be done more often, but the frog has survived this long so I guess it’s ok. 

frog3

He lives on top of my son’s dresser.

frog2

Our goldfish is about 4 and a half years old.  He has really grown.  He use to be a pretty orange color, but I put him in a room for a while that didn’t get a lot of light and he lost his color except on his lips and the tips of his fins. 

goldfishlostcolor2

Now the goldfish lives under a window on my little bench my husband and I made. 

goldfishlostcolor

Do you have any unusual pets?  I bet you want to get yourself a Grow A Frog now.

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails