Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Front Porch Flower Pots 2012

This past Friday my husband and I had lunch together.  As we were driving home I suggested we go buy some flowers for the front porch.  I told him he could pick them out. 

IMG_9556

Since we needed some topsoil to fix an area of grass in the front yard he decided it was a good idea.  He has never gone to buy flowers.  He loves all bright and pretty colors.  I love all things subdued. 

IMG_9562

I guided him a bit on the need for thrillers, fillers and spillers.  We didn’t get as many fillers as we needed, but when he realized the prices of flowers in greenhouses he slowed down putting them in our basket. 

IMG_9563

So some of the small pots only have one little flower plant in them.

IMG_9565

I like to put the pots at different heights for interest.

IMG_9567

IMG_9559

And it gives room for the spillers to grow.

I still need a plant above my bench, but I have an idea for something my husband and I can build  too.  I just need to decide which way I want to go with it. 

IMG_9554

Anything to soften the brick back there will help.  Potting a plant will be the easy way to go, but building something would be much more fun to blog about. 

My violas are still looking good in this pot so I just added a spike and a plant for now.

IMG_9571

I don’t think these guys will last much longer.  It was in the 90s today and it might reach the 100s Thurs or Friday.  I guess there goes Spring. 

After finding out how much flowers cost, my husband wants to know if we can grow them from seeds next year.  I told him he was crazy. 

sig

Linking to

Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails