Sunday, July 8, 2012

Simple Summer Fruit Salad and a Secret Ingredient

When I was 14 which was a looong time ago, my friend’s mom made this fruit salad and I have loved it ever since. 

_MG_2104-1-3

I use:

Container of fresh strawberries (slice them in quarters)

Container of fresh blueberries

Bunch of red grapes

Large can of pineapple tidbits in it’s own juice. 

You can use other fruits, but these are the ones that I like.

The secret ingredient is 1/2 a package of Crystal Light Lemonade mix.

_MG_2106-1-2

You can use more if you want your fruit salad to be really tangy.  I put all the fruit in a bowl.  Sprinkle on the Crystal Light and then pour the entire can of pineapple juice on top of the fruit and add only 1/2 of the can of pineapple.  I gently mix it all together.  It can be eaten right away, but seems best when it gets to sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. 

I hope you enjoy it. 

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails